If you’re coping with an unplanned pregnancy or think you may be pregnant, you may not be sure where to turn for support and the information you need to know.
You may also be wondering where to get the best medical care, emotional support, and counseling. You’ve likely heard of abortion clinics, but you may also have heard of organizations called pregnancy resource centers – sometimes called simply pregnancy centers or pregnancy clinics – like Mosaic Health.
What is the difference? How do you decide where to go when you need to know the most accurate pregnancy information to help you make an informed decision?
What is a Pregnancy Resource Center?
A pregnancy resource center – like Mosaic – is a nonprofit community center or clinic that primarily serves pregnant women and mothers with infants. There are more than 2,000 pregnancy resource centers nationwide.
Pregnancy resource centers offer free, confidential pregnancy services in a caring, nonjudgmental environment. Mosaic and other pregnancy resource centers also provide the medically accurate, truthful information you need to know in order to make your decision.
There are two main types of pregnancy resource centers.
- The first is a traditional pregnancy resource center that offers free pregnancy testing and options counseling. Other services often include parenting classes, baby supplies, and other support for women facing an unplanned pregnancy and new moms in need of assistance.
- Others are licensed pregnancy clinics working under the direction of an MD. In addition to the services offered by traditional pregnancy resource centers, pregnancy clinics also provide medical services which may include ultrasounds, prenatal exams, and STD testing.
What Does a Pregnancy Resource Center Do?
There are several key characteristics which set pregnancy resource centers like Mosaic apart from abortion clinics. In deciding where to get free pregnancy care and support, you’ll want to consider many important things.
Pregnancy Resource Centers…
- Are always free. Unlike abortion clinics, Mosaic and other pregnancy centers are nonprofit organizations who never profit from your decision. Because we have no financial stake in your choice, we have the freedom and objectivity to give you more accurate information than you’ll find elsewhere.
- Provide services related to pregnancy and sexual health. While different pregnancy clinics vary in the services they offer, Mosaic offers comprehensive pregnancy resources, medically accurate and truthful abortion information, and STD testing.
- Will educate you on the development of your baby. At Mosaic we use an app that is personalized to your due date to show you videos of every stage of fetal development.
Will talk with you about all your options and won’t pressure you in your pregnancy decision.
- Provides ongoing follow-up and pregnancy support. From one-on-one sessions, to free baby items, to monthly check-ins, Mosaic is here when you need resources to help you continue your pregnancy. We offer free childbirth and parenting classes that provide the information, life skills, and free baby items you need to prepare for parenting and to give your baby a successful start in life.
How Can a Pregnancy Resource Center Help Me?
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, or suspect you may be pregnant, it can be a frightening and difficult time. You need a safe place to turn for compassionate care and accurate information.
That’s why Mosaic Health are here for you. To get started, all you have to do is contact us to schedule your appointment. We will listen to your concerns, answer all of your questions, and give you the free, confidential support you’re looking for.